The Integrating Independent Institutions in State Postsecondary Data Systems Community of Practice convening was held March 6-7, 2018, in Denver, Colorado. Teams from eight states met with subject-matter experts and discussed policy solutions for increasing integration of independent colleges and universities in state postsecondary data systems. The meeting addressed:
- Various models for including independent institutions in state postsecondary data systems.
- Challenges facing independent institutions when participating in state postsecondary data systems.
- Best practices for encouraging integration, including data governance, privacy, and security.
- Advantages of participation for independent institutions, such as access to linked data and involvement in financial aid programs.
- Advantages of integration for states, including strategic planning and measuring progress toward attainment goals.