The Improving Access to State Data Systems Community of Practice convening was held November 7-8, 2017, in Boulder, Colorado. Teams from eight states participated, including representatives from a wide range of constituencies within states that use and support state postsecondary data systems. Attendees participated in professional development, and shared ideas regarding:
- Broadening access to state data systems.
- Increasing the analytical capacity of end users.
- Addressing information needs of legislative and gubernatorial staff.
- Providing data resources to institutional users.
- Promoting information access to education advocacy groups.
- Developing partnerships with education journalists.